Upon invitation from Vice-President Antonio Tajani, EU Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship, Mrs. Eliane Khoury, the CEO of VFA represented SME’s during the Mission Growth Conference on May 29th in Brussels, Belgium.
With this initiative the European Commission intends tolaunch a debate about new ideas for the growth strategyfocusing on the real economy and industrial innovation in view of promoting a European leading role in the new technological development. This strategy should give concrete perspectives in terms of opportunities and employment for new generations.
Mrs. Khoury was a key note speaker within forum 2: “Boosting Market Demand for New Products” The main questions and focus within the panel were: How can we convert challenges into business pportunities? How can we help turning innovative ideas into new marketable products and services, creating jobs and growth in Europe? There is a vast potential in harnessing the demand-side in innovation policy development to help EU industry.
The complete forum panel consisted of the following members:
- Johannes Meier, CEO of the European Climate Foundation
- Monique Goyens, Director-General of BEUC
- Eliane Khoury, Virus Free Air
- Fergus Harradence, UK Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Friedrich Smaxwil, President of CEN · Klaus Niederländer, Secretary-General of Cooperative Europe (CoopEU)
- Monica Frassoni, President of the European Alliance to Save Energy