VFA TiOx-ACF Technology
What does the VFA TiOx-ACF Technology purify?
A special and new technique has been developed for filtration of specific gases and odors. We call this technique VFA TiOx-ACF. This technique is based on a unique combination of 3 proven and well-known techniques for air cleaning, namely: activated carbon, TiO2 and UV radiation.
- Gases / all VOC’s with a boiling point ≥ cyclohexane
Such as fuels, dissolvent, toluene, xylene etc.
Originating from production processes, kitchen, sweat, etc.
- Selective gas and odour filtration
For removal of specific gases and odours.
The new VFA TiOx-ACF Technique offers a significant improvement in activated carbon by applying specially coated activated carbon. This active carbon is coated with a nano-TiOx coating. The combination of this TiOx activated carbon with a UV light source creates, in addition to improved adsorption, new functionalities: chemosorption and a photocatalytic effect. These functionalities improve the operation of the activated carbon against several gases and also extend the service life of the activated carbon.
- Up to 5 x longer lifespan than industrial action carbon
- Removes gases and odors from the air permanently
- Very high efficiency gas and odor filtration combined with low pressure drop
- Available in cylinders and inliners
- Available for all possible capacities
- Low air resistance (pressure drop)
- Wide range of options for connection diameter, length and kg
- Widely applicable
- Selective gas and odor cleaning
How does the VFA TiOx-ACF Technology work?
The TiOx-ACF absorbs the harmful gases and annoying odors and attaches it to the activated carbon. Due to the photocatalytic effect, the absorbed gases are then converted into milder components and water. Due to the dual action of the TiOx-ACF, the activated carbon actually becomes self-cleaning and re-generated during operation. This results in a life time up to 5 times (service life) compared to other conventional activated carbon filters.
The TiOx-ACF gas and odor filters consist of a bundle of coaxial filters with a diameter of 160 mm and are 45 or 60 cm long. For each filter, the maximum theoretical air flow rate is 150 m³ / hour. For the application for a high flow rate several TiOx-ACF cylinders / inliners have to be used.