Effective air cleaning is highly desirable in elderly homes, in particular in areas with critical air quality requirements. Dust, particulate matter, fungi, pollen, bacteria and viruses can do great harm to vulnerable people in these environments. Also, elderly homes that are located in congested urban areas poses the problem of preventing smoke, diesel and other emissions from entering the elderly environment. Besides the great benefits of clean indoor air for elderly, clean and fresh air does also have an effect on overall health and comfort of personnel, guests and patients.
VFA Solutions offers stand-alone air purification as well as complete climate control solutions. A complete climate control solution automatically controls the fresh air supply, CO2 emissions, temperature, humidity levels and removes other volatile organic compounds (VOC) and smells. This system controls the indoor climate based on the needs of the amount of persons in the room. Hereby guaranteeing optimal air quality and energy savings.
Create optimal living conditions with VFA air purifiers:
- Nursing of vulnerable persons. We can protect vulnerable persons against airborne pollutants like dust, particulate matter, fungi, pollen, bacteria and viruses.
- Smoke. Smoke from smoking areas can be very annoying if it reaches other areas like hallways. Also some elderly are allowed to smoke in their room. By effectively removing the smoke, personnel and guests are protected and there is less nuisance of smell.
- Odour issues. Caused by dirty bed linen, incontinence materials and storage of residual waste. In particular incontinence materials and faeces can cause nuisance among personnel and bad smells could stay in the hallways. VFA can effectively remove these odours to create a fresh environment.
- Dust nuisance caused by normal household dust and build up of dust in ventilation ducts leads to bad indoor air quality. VFA is an expert in reducing dust concentrations, as a result there will be less need for cleaning while at the same time the hygiene level will improve.
- Infection Prevention. We can improve infection prevention by keeping a high general air hygiene level. Less dust, enough fresh air and the right humidity decreases the chance of fungi and the spread of other micro-organism.
- Infection control after an outbreak of a specific infection. We can decrease the consequences. The building in question can be equipped with high end cleaning and measurement equipment to prevent an outbreak through the air as much as possible.
Air purifiers with unique features:
- Fresh air when needed
- Continuous clean air
- Efficient filtration of fine particulate matter, ultrafine and nano particles
- Permanent removal of toxic vapours caused by the use of chemicals
- Fast removal of unpleasant smells and odours
- Very energy efficient
Common air quality issues in hospitals and our solutions
Infection Outbreak Control
Once an outbreak has been determined fast reaction and monitoring can reduce the impact drastically. By purifying the outlet air of isolation rooms and purifying and recirculating the air in the patient rooms and halls, an outbreak can be contained to a minimum.
Bacteria and viruses
Bacteria and viruses are especially harmful for people with a weakened immune system. Patients, elderly and young children are the most vulnerable for bacteria and viruses. For this reason it is important to clean indoor air in hospitals (in the whole hospital, not only in operation rooms), elderly homes and kindergartens. This can be done by building the VFA products into ventilation systems and additionally installing the products in individual rooms to further protect sensitive people.
Undesirable and unwanted smells can be very annoying for patients, personnel and guests. Depending on the severity of the odours VFA has various solutions to either eliminate or absorb the smells.
Reduce energy costs
One of the unique selling points of our technology is its very low pressure drop. Low pressure drop means less energy is consumed. Therefore all VFA Solutions products are more energy efficient than conventional air filters. An additional advantage of a low pressure drop is the ability to clean larger volumes of air with a smaller device.
Reduce maintenance costs
All businesses care about maintenance costs. All VFA Solutions products offer easy and low cost maintenance. The collector parts are easy to replace and are more economical than a comparable HEPA filter.